Thread: Kodys Sore Bits
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 07:46 AM  
spyro87
The Hamsters Hostage

Send a message via Skype™ to spyro87
Default Re: Kodys Sore Bits

we're home and I gave Kody his first dose - man, I've never had to do that before he struggled and pushed it away - little monkey, but in the end, persistence prevailed and I got the little blighter to take his meds!
I offered him a little lick of plain, natural yogurt afterwards but he wasn't interested. He's now snoozing, on his head, as usual!

He was an absolute wonderful boy today both on the journey, and for the vet. The vet was nervous about picking him up - he said he has been bitten by quite a few hamsters xD I offered to scruff him for him but he was adamant, "nope, I'm the vet, I have to master this" lol, Kudos to the guy for wanting to get better!
Kody behaved very well, despite having only been resident in Chez Spyro for a few days. He's already quite tame and used to being picked up/scruffed. The vet didn't get bitten - much to his surprise and he actually commended me on my care and knowledge woohoo! He said to have had a ham for barely a week and to already have him so friendly I'm obviously doing something right!

A very nice, positive vet consult, which, granted shouldn't have been necessary, but at least Kody being with me meant the problem got spotted early on and dealt with and I do have to say, the level of sales care (health and sex checks etc) was severely lacking at this particular store, however, this was not my local, I had to travel an hour away for this store and I can honestly say, my local is WAAAY better and I will be sticking to my local store from now on. They ALWAYS health check and sex. ALWAYS.

Should I be making a complaint regarding the very poor practices of that store?
Oh, and, with Baytril do I need to watch out for upset tummy - lack of good bacteria etc? should I be giving him anything from day one to help avoid problems?

PROUD ARMY WIFE 10.DEC.2010
RIP baby Benny; taken too soon
spyro87 is offline   Reply With Quote