View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 12:11 PM  
applecaek
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Bizarre behaviour, help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyal_tree
Have you checked her for parasites? Maybe she really does have an itch on her back and is desperately trying to scratch it! No, she doesnt have any parasites, I checked her thoroughly

I don't know the extent of it based on your description, sounds like maybe a neurological thing. Did it start suddenly? How long has this been going on? It started when she went to my boyfriends for a week when I was on holiday, but it was when I had gotten back, so it was sudden, one day she just did it, and I see her do it once a day since at least.

Have you changed her to a different kind of bedding that might be causing a reaction? Anything near her cage that is toxic she might have come in contact with?For that reason I have always used the same bedding, incase anything hurt her

Is there something in her cage she could fall off of and possibly hit her head? Has she escaped from her cage and possibly had that happen? She used to get on her bars,at the top of her cage (I still have no idea how) and had to jump off them, but I don't think she could have seriously hurt herself, neither has she escaped, as I make sure that it is an inpenetrable fortress everytime I take her out!

I know that I am responding with questions instead of answers, because I can't say that I know why, but perhaps you can relate her behavior to a possible answer to one of my questions. You know your hamster the best and can disregard anything you know can't be it.
applecaek is offline   Reply With Quote