Thread: Baby birds..
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 07:22 AM  
Teddy001
I LOVE FURBABIES

Default Re: Baby birds..

Update, on baby birds. Well, there were 4 babies, that hatched, and 1 little egg, still in the watering can. All 4 baby's have flown out of the watering can, and were clinging onto the side screen windows, on my outside covered patio, yesterday. The mommy bird, was going a bit bazzark, trying to get the baby's out of the porch. It was quit a loud chirping sesson going on, with 4 baby's chirping loudly, and mommy chirping back. The baby's were kind of skipping across the deck, then would try to fly up in the air, but they were very unbalenced, and sady flew into the side of the walls, then back down on the deck. I really didn't know how to help them, as they were all over the place. One managed to fly into the house, and down the stairs into the lower half of my house! It was fun trying to find the baby. Each time someone would come near, or around the area it was hiding, the baby bird would stop chirping. LOL. I was able to catch it by throwing a light weight blanket on top of it, then released it outside, where the mommy bird was right near, to guide the baby up and over a fence, into a bush. This morning, there was 1 baby still in the covered patio, chirping, and chirping. It was mostly on the floor, which I was very worried about, due to cats and dogs. so, I guided it out the screen door, and it flew, in an sideways angle down to the grass. Mommy bird must have been around, due to I saw a bird with a mouth full of worms, that flew right up to the baby bird, then off they went. . Never realized how motherly, and protective, and watchful, birds are, with their babies. It was a wonderful treat to be able to see all of this, from my back door step. LOL.
Teddy001 is offline   Reply With Quote