View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 02:00 PM  
Saskia1982
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Alone or in pairs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE55EX HAMSTERY
This seems to be the biggest debate about Chinese hamsters.

I currently have two pairs of boys (both pairs of brothers), a mother and daughter pair and also a mum and her two daughters that live together in pairs/threes. The kids are all over 4 months old and I have even shown the males and even the females (on their own and in pairs in the show pens) and added them back to their shared cage with no problems.

However, this is not the norm, especally once the female is pregnant. I find that most boys will get on fine if they are introduced in a new cage, females are not keen on new cage mate of either sex and they will even scrap if they meet out of the cage.

The female BEW chinese that was imported at Bradford show is a complete psyco and has attempted to attack and kill any other Chinese that has been put near her! This has apparently got worse recently and she is though to be pregnant.

The key thing to remember is that they are all individuals and that works now may not in a month or even a weeks time.
Putting adult chinese together is asking for problems..
They must grow up together..
Although BEW chinese females can be bitchy to males, when they grew up together they usely can stay together for as long as you want to breed..