View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 04:20 AM  
haziebabie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: New hamster just had pups - HELP!!

Thanks for your replyZeppelin, I am just so fretful. I end up just sitting in the room watching..!

I keep trying to discreetly peek when she has nipped out and see if the babies are still okay but she has built her nest very well with the extra bedding although I thought it was wriggling. The wheel was a runner that sits externally with a tube connection. I have taken it off for now so I could move the dining room (or nesting compartment) down with as little disruption as possible, she hasn't been on it really since the babies were born anyway. Feel bad for all this distraction but I guess it's the best I could do, I left the nest where ir was at first hoping she would move them herself.. At least all is done now I can leave her to it. I bought some jar baby rice pudding (saw it somewhere), will this be okay for them all. When do they start wandering? When should they be split and taken from Mummy (jumping the gun I know..) Just not sure I want to return them to the pet shop so may try to find good homes or room and money for more homes here!
haziebabie is offline   Reply With Quote