View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 05:20 AM  
Thrifty Hamster
Hamster Pup

Send a message via Skype™ to Thrifty Hamster
Default Re: Emergency Mouse Rescue! A bit of an impulse buy...

I'm hopefully going to add some DIY toys and pet-shoppe-bought-toys to his cage when I see his wounds are improving. He hasn't had the Saline Solution yet added to his body but I'm going to fix up something soon once I get a bit more information on him.

I'm going to order the mouse diet Since Selective from VioVet and put in a few kibble pieces of those in with his NatGeo mix. I'll pick out the corn and majority of sunflower seeds, give him things like fresher Timothy Hay from my mom's friend's boarding barn (they have horses that we share one technically and I'll ask if we can borrow a bagful of Timothy hay.) And when I apply the Saline Solution - hopefully I can find a tutorial of some sort? Its really something new to me so I'm looking up information on it.

I can't take him to the vet, I promised my parents I wouldn't, I'm sorry to say this so shockingly to you all but last time we took my hamster to the vet she died the next day or so. So that's why my parent's are so against it. My dad's still fed up I had to actually buy him... I'll explain to him later how mad I am at the store (PetCo), and that I'll form a complaint to their CEO about how worried I am for their other stock and stock they were trying to sell me. (AKA: Their snakes they were feeding the mice too and the condition they were keeping the mice in.)

The reasons why I'm going with this NatGeo food versus. The current food (which I hope to get him off of ASAP) I'm having him on which is a PetCo-brand... Is because I'm not ever going to set foot in a PetCo again.

If I must, it's at least not going to be THAT PetCo. They had the GALL to sell me... no... SELL me an injured animal, and while they did give me a 'discount' (eighty cents off) my friends are still shocked at their stupidity in enterprising.

So, I'll file the complaint regardless if it gets anything anywhere and I'll say "Good day to you," Then try to be done with it. In the meantime I'll also try to make his scent go down and build him a nice DIY-string-bridge and such, maybe some climbing-toys that don't have a solid base, and more.

Taming will come later... Now it's just a rough road onto recovery? Not much, I think he'll recover just fine. I'm avoiding from handling him at all costs for my safety and his, I don't want him to get too stressed and I don't want to be sick somehow from the dried blood everywhere. So maybe sometime tomorrow or even today I'll apply that Saline Solution and then I'll let him have it sit on him, and eventually he'll be able to be handled without me having to worried without being infected or something.

I just want to make sure he's cleaned before handling him is all.
Thrifty Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote