View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 03:40 AM  
Scrubby
Adult Hamster

Default Pumpkin's cut nose.

So last night, I'm lying in bed when I hear one of the hams screech, I quickly jump out of bed, run and turn on the light then run over to the cages. Revel is fine, Scrub is fine and there sits a little Pumpkin in her sand bowl cleaning herself (stress reliever) so I'm thinking it must be her.
She has her back turned so I can't see her face but I open the cage and am saying her name so she knows I'm here and can see my hands but when I try to scoop her up she jumps onto her wheel but then after a few seconds walks onto my hands.
She's got a deep cut above her nose.
I've literally no idea how she did it, though there was a little trail of pee so I know where she did it.
I've checked all round her cage and there is nothing sharp or harmful. Anyway I get her out for a bit, let her run around, give her a couple treats and she's back to cheeky little Pumpkin again. She even let me dab her cut with a cotton pad and water just to clean it a bit. Had me in tears when I was holding her though. Never heard her do that or seen her hurt.
Also when I got her out, she was moving her mouth a lot, licking her teeth and I was worried she had hurt her mouth but I scruffed her and had a quick look and saw nothing and she soon stopped doing it.
Anything I can do for her? Do I need to clean the cut for the next few days or leave it to her? What about her mouth as well, any reason she was moving her mouth/licking her teeth?
Any advice would be lovely.