View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 07:25 AM  
Cupcake
The Hamskimos

Default Re: Signs that I know my hammy is happy?

Snowy is still getting used to the environment most likely, so I wouldn't worry too much about her. Try keeping the cleaning to a minimal now in the beginning, and hopefully you didn't clean her entire cage. Regardless, when you do clean a cage try keeping some of the old bedding too, this is going to allow the hammy to still recognize it as its own rather than panicking and having to go through all the scenting again.
About hamster happiness, I'd say that as long as they seem to be enjoying what they do, and are healthy, they should be happy. I see no reason for it to be otherwise. For example, I have 3 hybrids, two girlies and one boy.
The girls like to run around a lot and groom each other and jump on my hand and stuff their little pouches with food. So that to me is a happy ham
The boy likes to sleep a lot more than the girlies do, not big on grooming but loves the sandbath (Thank God) and he really likes being out of his cage and sleeping in my hands (he is all about the sleeping) .
Your hammies sound happy to me! You are doing a great job, no worries
One note about Gimli, are you picking her up with your hands from her cage? If so I would suggest using a little cup, because she will be curious and hop in and that way you avoid intruding on her territory. It works well with my munchkins
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote