View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 01:07 AM  
racinghamster
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Emergency Mouse Rescue! A bit of an impulse buy...

Hi Thrifty Hamster. If you can give a little more information on where the wounds are on the mouse and if they are bite wounds from fighting I suspect. Male mice should be separated if fights break out and no doubt this pet store don`t give a damn as they have already said what they do with mice that get injured. I wouldn`t set foot in there again personally.

But back to your little fella. Saline (add one teaspoon of salt to one pint of boiled, cooled water) and sterilise a small bottle to store the saline in. Gently wipe any cuts or scabby wounds with a wetted cotton ball in the saline, but only apply where necessary. If his wounds are scabbing over, they will be healing up, but any that bleed or are open, I would bathe a few times and leave him to settle.

Male mice do well on their own and most end up this way due to fall outs with other males. He should be happy now with his own cage, wheel and peace to do what he wants.

Add some dry porridge oats to his dry mix and give him a little piece of apple, sweet corn, garden peas and millet sold for birds. Only feed the veg is very small pieces though as you don`t want to upset his tummy.

How is he now?