View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 03:53 AM  
crazyc4tlady
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Help! They Won't Stay Away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinghamster View Post
Cats will be cats I`m afraid and all I can advise is to keep the cats out of the room and make sure anyone else in the household does the same. Placing a signs on the door will help to remind them.

As for the cats scratching at the door, well they know what`s in the room so thy need to be kept an eye on. It`s never really a good thing to have rodents and cats in the same household, but if it happens, the cats will be the problem. But they are only following instinct, so the human(s) need to be very, VERY aware that the hamsters lives can be in danger.

Hopefully some other members who keep both cats and hamsters can give you more advice, but the best advice is don`t have cats (which you already do so nothing can be done about that!), or keep the cats locked out of the room and feed them in a separate area. x

My cats do stay out of my room when i'm not in it and during the night so they aren't near the cages unsupervised!
And i'm very very aware of the hamsters lives don't worry!

I know what you mean but unfortunately the cats have to stay haha and like i said they are shut out when im not there, theyre also fed downstairs so i dont have that problem.
Thanks
crazyc4tlady is offline   Reply With Quote