View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 03:49 AM  
crazyc4tlady
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Help! They Won't Stay Away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammypoo View Post
My cats were night mares when I first got my hamsters I asked the vet for advise and he told me to put Vicks vapour rub near the door of the room the hamster were in as cats don't like the smell of it and avoid it at all cost I did this for a week and the cats stayed out the room took the Vick away and one of my cats still doesn't go in the room my other cat does but doesn't go near the hamster as we spent a week doing positive reinforcement meaning if she went near the tank we would say no loudly then move her after a bit she never bothered even trying now she gets a treat for staying away the Vick worked for one of the cats but a wee bit extra work was needed for the other.
oh really? thats quite interesting! I dont think i could try something like that because its only 1 cat that likes to walk around the cages whereas the other 2 arent bothered by it and they like to sleep in my room during the day :/
This one cat just doesnt listen either!

(since i posted this ive had my bedroom door open and the cats havent come in, typical haha)
crazyc4tlady is offline   Reply With Quote