View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 02:06 AM  
Kiki_3173
Hamaniac

Default Re: ***Cages in the USA***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy001 View Post
I've not had any problems, with Amazon, however I buy from Ebay and Petsmart/Petco.. I'm sure there's been issues on Amazon with the packaging, tho..
I can't believe this!.. I paid over $600 US dollars, for the cages on Ebay, when I contacted the seller, first and asked them specifically if they ship to the US, as their listings state they ship to America's, I assumed that meant, the USA... I got an reply back, yesterday, from their customer service stating, yes, they do ship to the USA, and they would "combine" shipping since I wanted to buy more than 1 cage.. Well, I get another email (through Ebay) thank goodness, all communications with this company has been through Ebay email, they said, sure, go ahead an buy what I wanted, and they would combine the shipping.. well, I was so excited, that I decided to buy (4) cages, since, I wasn't sure if I'd have another opportunity to buy these specific cages, again.. well, I check on my Ebay order, late or shall I say, early this morning, and have another email from this company, now telling me, No, they will not ship the 4 cages, to the USA, due to unreliable shipping carrier.. well, why in the world do they advertise they ship to the US, then confirm, via email they ship to the US, and will combine shipping, to then not even 24 hrs. after they get my payment, tell me, they will not ship..? So, I contacted Ebay just now, and was told I have to wait 7 days, then I can dispute the payments through my paypal account.. I'm not sure, if this is the seller you had mentioned on your comment regards to Ebay selling the Metro's and ZZ2's.. here's the name of the seller.. just an FYI, so others don't go through what Im going through.. eq.performance (26410 )
99.8% Positive feedback- that's their feedback rating, so figured, they where a good seller, which they maybe for many buyers.. That was part of our income tax refund, that I had, to pay for the cages- (my hubby is not a happy camper).. well, he was not happy that I was wanting to buy the cages, due to the expense.. LOL.. now, no cages, and have to wait for the money to be refunded= not a happy hubby.. eeks!. LOL I will have to wait until I get my money back, in order to buy cages for my hams.. but that's okay, they are okay for now.. I'm more concerned for my big baby girl, Syrian hammy.. she's growing so fast, and want her to be as comfortable as possible in her habitate.. I have time, tho.. Just so frustrating.. and disappointing.. UGH!.. LOL

Just a thought...if you or your hubby has any DIY skills, you could build a IKEA hack cage that houses multiple hamsters, for MUCH cheaper than $600!
Kiki_3173 is offline   Reply With Quote