View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 05:59 AM  
Colby and the Dwarfs
The Animal Farmer

Default Re: Male hammy turns out to be female hammy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanhanboban View Post
She's a very small dwarf so I'm sure I'll be able to notice any rapid weigh gain, I'll weigh her later and due it regularly in the next few weeks.

She's normally very sleepy during the day and active at night, you don't see her out much but at night you can hear her running around a lot. I'll see how her behaviour changes to what I can tell.

I've literally just been using tissue that I've shredded up myself, I put it in their cage and they move it around according to how they want to sleep. Shall I add 2-3 whole pieces of tissue to her cage and see what happens? She's burrowed herself under the sawdust today and been sleeping down there.

They haven't actually been seperated yet as I'm in town now buying a new cage, but when I left them they where both snuggled up together sleeping, that's why it's breaking my heart so much to seperate them ): coz they do get on so well but ino it's for the best!

Hannah x
Ummm...well I don't really understand. You said you only use tissues but she's in the sawdust? Sorry I'm just a bit confused, haha!

Just know that you're doing the right thing, and they appreciate it

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.
-Alfred A. Montapert
Colby and the Dwarfs is offline   Reply With Quote