View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 05:40 AM  
Colby and the Dwarfs
The Animal Farmer

Default Re: Male hammy turns out to be female hammy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanhanboban View Post
I'm going to try again and get a picture today, I don't want to stress her out by messing her around too much when she's sleepy and nervous already.

I read your reply you left on my other thread and that sounds awful ): definitely don't want that to happen so thanks for the heads up! I think it is for the best that they get seperated.

How do I know if she's happened to have fallen pregnant already and what do I do if it has happened?

Thanks a lot (:

Hannah x
If she's pregnant, Well, she'll start nesting, pulling out fur, and generally be so busy she may not make the best pet till the babies are weaned! Soon, she'll rapidly gain weight and, for a larger litter, look like she swallowed a golf ball.

I've included a picture of my Zelda about 10 hours before she had her babies(I knew she was pregnant).

I would weigh her and see if she gains much, that might help. Also, give her 2-3 tissues. Generally, they will rip them up and put them in her nest. What bedding do you use?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (91.6 KB, 24 views)

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.
-Alfred A. Montapert
Colby and the Dwarfs is offline   Reply With Quote