View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 05:07 AM  
Hanhanboban
Hamster Pup

Default Male hammy turns out to be female hammy?

Hey everyone (:

I've been posting last night as I was concerned that one of my dwarf hamsters (who is male) Gizmo, was bullying the other, Gimli.

Gizmo has always been pretty confident an happy to come say hello to anyone and walk onto their hand, Gimli hasn't been. We've had them 1 week 1 day and we're slowly making progress with Gimli and we can now get the little on our hands but not for long. We thought both where boys, Gizmo deffo was but Gimli was harder to tell for sure as we couldn't investigate as much.

Well after the behaviour of bullying I thought was going on I realise Gimli may be a girl and Gizmo is trying to seduce her, well we got Gimli out just now, and I'm not expert but I'm pretty sure that Gimli is, in face, definitely a girl.

Now I'm concerned, we're on our way into town to get a new cage to seperate th but we've had them just over a week already and the where living together at the pet shop, pups would be cute but I'm not prepared for anything of that responsibility at the moment. Can I take them to he vets to see if she is pregnant already? I'm worried and don't know what to do.

Thanks a lot in advance (:

Hannah x
Hanhanboban is offline   Reply With Quote