View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 08:47 PM  
Colby and the Dwarfs
The Animal Farmer

Default Re: Hammys are very settled in at home! More pics of Gimli and Gizmo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanhanboban View Post
Thank you for the comments (:

It's confirmed that Gizmo is a little boy and we're pretty sure that Gimli hopefully is too but he little one is still very shy and hard to pick up and handle (unlike Gizmo).

The squeaking doesn't seem to serious, they're rather quiet during the day even when they're out an about. It's normally as they're getting up for the night and just before they go back to sleep in the morning that they're squeaking away to eachother. And they're happy around eachother and sleep together so they seem fine (:

We're pretty sure that hopefully Gimli is a little boy too, we've had a check and actually uploaded some pictures on another post if you'd like to look? I'm worried about splitting them up if they're a different sex. Ino I have to because I can't be having any pups just yet, but I'm worried they'll get lonely as they seem really happy together at the moment.

Anyone got any advice for this? Thanks for the two comments I got (:

Hannah x

It's hard for us, the most complicated of all creatures, to understand, but hamsters don't get "lonely". They just don't. Plus, she'll/he'll have you! To be fair, I have seen mothers be a bit "lonely looking" after their babies are weaned, but they usually get over it and enjoy the sleep! Don't worry about it

I hope they're both boys though, they seem to be a lovely pair of gorgeous hammies.

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.
-Alfred A. Montapert
Colby and the Dwarfs is offline   Reply With Quote