Thread: Scrubs lump...
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 08:06 PM  
Scrubby
Adult Hamster

Unhappy Scrubs lump...

Some of you may remember a while back I posted a thread asking for advice because Scrub had a lump at the bottom of her belly. Some lovely people advised me it was maybe a bruise/swelling where she had banged herself on something or it could be an infected nipple and watch for any discharge.
I've come to the conclusion that it's not an infected nipple as the nipple seems fine and there has been no discharge.
If it was a lump from bumping herself on something it should have gone away by now.
The lump is still there. I don't think it has got any bigger though if it has its the tiniest bit. It's a pinky colour, doesn't look sore, isn't bothering her in the slightest even when I touch it and it's feels firm but more squishy if that makes sense.
I called the vets today to make her an appointment so the vet could take a look but apparently the vet I need to see is off for two weeks due to paternity leave (I think it's ridiculous he's not been covered by someone who can treat hamsters) and I should call back closer to the time so now I am turning to you for advice as I've gotta wait for the vets.
I've attached a picture though its probably no use to you as you can barely see it. It's on her stomach, bottom right just above her private parts..

I am panicking so much and thinking the worst. I have even been moved to tears because of it tonight. If anyone knows what it could be then please let me know.

Thank you guys x
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (102.8 KB, 30 views)