View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 08:18 PM  
kyrilliondaemon
Retired Moderator

Default Re: Vampire Hamster haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wexland View Post
I have been told that she will always do this, is that correct?
Short answer: No.

Longer answer: DrKMcK has given most of the good advice needed anyway Biters can be stopped, sometimes it just takes a different taming method is all. When we got Fwirl she bit hands a lot, a forum member had been fostering her for a month or two and had got some improvement but had a lot of bites too. We tried a different method and have thoroughly earned every bite we've had to be honest lol (and there haven't been many of those either), sometimes a different method works wonders with a ham.
I hope the gloves help, but if not (or as well as) I'd try putting your hand between the ball and the cage when she goes back in, completely flat as if its a platform into the cage. Then she can either walk over or jump over your hand on the way back and in time she may realise its nothing to react to, with Fwirl we just put our hands in the way sometimes when she was climbing off things or out of things and slowly moved forward from there.
Its always worth keeping going with different methods, and however long it takes your ham is lucky to have such a decent owner to help her through it