View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 09:25 AM  
HillsdaleHamstery
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Any Shows in the USA?

Thank you both for the replies! Im not new to working with Syrians. However im new to working with Syrians at a more professional level then when I was younger. There really is soo much more to the genes and these cute little furballs than I first realized a few years ago and honestly I lost interest because of the few breeders in the state I was living in at that time were abything short of responsible. I experienced some not so great hammies with extremely bad attitudes and of course the wet tail episode so sad, I also saw more people using rat racks to breed syrians that I really just didnt want to continue with them and moved on to other rodents. Since movibg to Pa ive actually found two breeders that right off the first enail give all these wonderful sites for info and Janice your one of them also Pearl Hamstery in MD. I was really hoping to find a club that hosted events because I thought id be able to learn so much more from people and shows then websites. I use to show dogs for akc and ukc eith my grandfather as a kid. I loved going to events and seeing all the beautiful sporting breeds at show and performing in events. They were great networking places and a place to show off your best stock. I know these things are member based and driven but if the AGS can do it for Gerbils why not get together and di the samething for the Syrians?? We have a governing set of standards to go by why not make a registry?? Ive seen many registries with dogs come and go. And some that stick around and every mill breeder in the states belongs to. If enough people doing the wrong things can get together why cant people that have the same level of appreciation for the animal in question and want to adhere to a standard not be able to accomplish the same thing but do it the right way...
HillsdaleHamstery is offline   Reply With Quote