View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 09:32 PM  
DaniBearxx
Newborn Pup

Question Is this an okay diet?

I created a diet plan for my Syrian Sammie. I didn't want her to become bored with her meals and I saw that some hamster owners make diet plans for their hamsters to go by each day. I just want to see if this oaky for her nutritionally and whatnot.
Sammie's Diet Plan :
Sunday- Mix of foodmix & fruit treat foodmix (or mealworms instead of mix)
Monday- Babyfood and regular food in a separate bowl. (I heard hamsters like baby food? I always check to make sure there isn't anything bad for her in it and vary the flavors every time.)
Tuesday- Fruit/ Vegetable (varies every week on what she has)
Wednesday- Wheat bread and fruit treat mix
Thursday- Just regular food
Friday- Babyfood
Saturday- Fruit/ Vegetable w/ regular food

Like today she had potatoes, celery, and carrots. I try giving her hard foods to chew on because that's the only way she chews and it helps her teeth from what I've seen.I'm just wondering if this is nutritional and healthy for Sammie. I'd love recommendations on changes I could make to make her meals healthier. I switch it up too, I give her plain boiled eggs, dog bones, and cooked & unseasoned beef, and plain cooked pasta. I just looked at what others fed their hamsters to consider what to feed Sammie. I tend to put her in her ball for 10-15 minutes about 3 times a week for extra exercise and she seems to enjoy it and I get her out a lot since I'm still trying to tame her. Is that okay? I just want to make her happy with her home and whatnot. And I've heard exercise, handling, and good meals help with hamsters' happiness.

Last edited by DaniBearxx; 12-07-2013 at 09:42 PM.
DaniBearxx is offline   Reply With Quote