View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 04:08 PM  
Kay_zee
Hamster Pup

Send a message via MSN to Kay_zee
Default Re: Biscuit's Off to the Vets

The vet thought that the womb would be the problem as the blood wasn't passing with her urine.
Well there is quite a bit to report, but I wish the news could be better!!

Everything seemed good until we went to give her the meds around 9pm. When we saw her she was squeaking a lot, again deep and rather quiet, but still worrying. She also had a bit of blood underneath. I measured the meds and gave them to my mum while I held her, that way it could be done as fast as possible. She took it rather well, so I began to stroke her and then about 30 seconds later she went frantic, thankfully I managed to keep hold of her and decreased the height over a drawer so when I finally lost control she did not fall far at all, but it was scary and completely out of character. She continued to be frightened so I put her back in the cage and a couple of hours later she forgave us and came out.

Her behaviour while out proved to me that her cage was no longer suitable, she was taking chances and trying to do things that she shouldn't be doing. As a result I've dug out our emergency cage and put her in that while her Jack 72 comes. It is small, and extremely small compared to the Leon cage she was in, however I think it'll do for a few days. It has a part level going around three sides of the cage, so still isn't perfect, but I've put a huge load of carefresh in there, so the drop is tiny. It (only just) doesn't fit her huge wheel due to the height, not that she's been showing much interest in it recently. The green plastic part level is really showing up that she's bleeding though as sitting up on it, it's transferred onto it. Poor girl.

So tonight she's in a small but cozy home in my room. I decided to move her into my room so that firstly should there be any problems I'll be able to hear about it, secondly a bit of piece of mind that all I need to do is switch on the light to see her (I'm watching her sleeping as I type).