View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 12:33 PM  
Kay_zee
Hamster Pup

Send a message via MSN to Kay_zee
Default Re: Biscuit's Off to the Vets

On reflection I would say she has been drinking a bit more than usual, as I normally only catch her drinking once or twice, whereas recently it's been several times.

She has had a little bit of strawberry, but the 'blood' doesn't seem to be passing with her urine despite it being underneath - it's hard to determine exactly where it is coming from as the whole bottom area was quite bloody, but my best judgement would be that it is coming from inside rather than a cut.

Apart from this, she does have a little graze on her chin which I noticed yesterday and a bold spot on her lower middle back, but I couldn't find anything unusual on the skin to suggest why apart from her old age (although its more of a complete bare patch than the thinning of fur associated with age). When I gave her a little bit of grated carrot today she was making some deep little squeaks afterwards, yet she is normally a rather quiet hamster (it's the first time in about a year I've heard her).

I've decided to write everything down on a piece of paper and also take some of the bedding with me from her nest, so that I don't work myself up worrying about what I've got to say and make clear.

I hope it will just be some form of medication needed as at this point I can both financially afford it and have the next few weeks free to ensure she's cared for appropriately. Thanks for the help and suggestions, it's made me feel a little more relaxed about tomorrow morning and I'll let you know what the outcome is.