View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM  
Clairealex
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Taking hamster to the vet - tips?

Thanks all!!

Feeling a bit calmer about it now! Ill definitely bring something to cover the top bit and put plenty of bedding and substrate in there too. The weather was one of the things that was worrying me. I find it absolutely freezing just now, plus it's to be raining here on Friday :S he'll only be going from my house to the car, car vet, vet car and car house so ill just cover the carrier with a tea towel and huddle it under my brolly!

Wow Vectis, from Holland!! Chubs has no excuse for his 15 minute car journey they really are amazing wee animals!

I love the egg box racinghamster! Think ill make some holes in one and put it in too. He would love it!

kyrilliondaemon I will definitely be spoiling him so hopefully he'll associate it with good things. He'll be getting cuddles and treats when he gets home and then given a very well deserved rest! He does seem very unfazed by everything so I hope he'll be ok. He moved from his original home to mine, then to my parents when I went on holiday (bad timing to get him!), back to mine then two weeks later into a new cage and he absolutely was not bothered by any of it! He's a wee soilder haha.

Feeling much more confident now