View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 09:54 AM  
luxbear
Hamster Pup

Talking A True Hamster Central Story

In 2011, my husband and I decided to adopt our first hamster together. Her name was Petunia T. Ham. A feisty, energetic little Campbells.

After almost two years, Petunia started to show signs of aging, but she continued to fight like a champion through two respiratory infections.

She played with us literally up until her dying day, which was at the end of this past July. We found her in a peaceful eternal sleep one morning after slightly more than two years. We were both completely heartbroken.

We had her remains cremated, and she now has a beautiful box and memorial in our living room, surrounded by cards from friends and family.

After feeling like I could never adopt another hamster, I was strolling through a pet store and spotted this little Robo. It was love at first sight.

We brought him home and named him Pumpkin. He is our first Robo.

Then two weeks later, I was reading through the Hamster Central forum and came across this post about a new batch of baby Robos. After contacting Ginger's Grandma, we arranged an adoption! My husband and I immediately started working on a split tank for the two hams.

Yesterday, it was finally time for the adoption - we met up and I brought home little Rolo!

Today our house is full of love and hamsters! And it wouldn't have been possible without the help of Hamster Central. <3
luxbear is offline   Reply With Quote