View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 01:10 PM  
The Hamster's family
The happy hamily

Default Re: 2 Robos together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach97134 View Post
I had two male robo's in the same cage and we're pretty sure that they had a fight and that's what killed one of them :/
The more laid back, skittish hamster (Luka) seemed to take control of the cage and the more confident one (Nikica) seemed to get picked on by him.
They never really seemed to fight, but Luka would always climb in the food bowl first and he ended up getting quite chubby whereas Nikica was fairly slim.
Then one night we came back after being out all day and Nikica was lying in the cage dead with what appeared to be a broken leg :/ We're pretty sure they must have had some sort of fight while we were out and that's what caused it :/
I'd never keep two hamsters in the same cage again after my experience but I've heard many stories where two male hamsters have lived together and been perfectly happy xo
With groups of hamsters(2, 3, 4...) we should never use a food bowl... That can cause them to fight over it. I scatter feed in all my groups of Robos. I have 6 groups (pairs or trios) and no fight since I have taken out ALL food bowls. I'm very sorry you had to go throught that... =(

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...g_20130616.jpg
The Hamster's family is offline   Reply With Quote