View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 05:54 AM  
Susie
Senior Hamster

Default Any idea what happened?

1 week ago today i was feeding the furries, i go into Primrose's cage and she was on her wheel on her back, i was convinced she was dying. I took her out and she was limp and she wouldn't open her eyes for anything, when she did move she very slowly circled to the right.. she had a porphryn covered nose. It was 8pm at night so I rushed her to the emergency vet.. who told me that it could have been any number of things, but the porphryn was because she was stressed about the condition she was in.

I had to say goodbye to her, the vet said it was very unlikely she'd pull through and as i held her in my hand.. i knew she was going, her breathing got very shallow and her body temperature went cold. She was only 1 year and 7 months old.

I couldn't fathom it, the day before she'd been running round mischieviously and the picture of health. I have those nagged questions.. should i have attempted to keep her in the hospital on fluids and meds? Could she have got better? Does anyone know what could have happened to her?

I'm so gutted, it doesn't feel real.. all happened so quickly.

Last edited by Susie; 08-26-2013 at 07:35 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote