View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 02:06 PM  
RedSky
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Hamster attacking another hamster

I just couldn't believe that it was the two that stayed together that were fighting. Squishy seems very happy and content on her own. We have her in her old bin cage (it was left set up just in case we had any mishaps with them or the gerbils we also have - I'm also paranoid kyrilliondaemon, your not alone). Her bin cage in actually the old bin from when we got our first gerbil (lone, but now a part of a trio) and we had a habitrail set up attached, we blocked off the whole but now we have a lone rodent who will fit we are discussing adding it on to the bin as a play extension to see if she likes it. If not then I will look into getting another larger bin as time and money (and space) allows.
The other two were squeaking apparently today while I was at work (just got home) but were under the bedding together when OH checked on them and seemed okay. Rosy's nips are healing up nicely though, and Squishy has taken to the ball we intended for Zippy (who just tries to dig out so we thought bath play time might be better for her and Rosy together).
We had much more excitement this weekend, my dog twisted his ankle (well paw) at the park while playing so had to be carried home (luckily by my OH) and my parents dog decided to jump into a rock pool at Bridlington but off a 30ft cliff! Don't worry I wouldn't be so blunt about it if he wasn't more or less okay, just lots of bruising and some air on his chest which is causing him a bit of a problem but the vet is happy he will be okay in a short while and is happy at home.
RedSky is offline   Reply With Quote