View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 03:18 PM  
Alright
Hamster Pup

Default All the pets you've had...

I thought it would be interesting to make a list of all of the pets you had and if you did research before or after you got that pet (or not at all).

Remember that no research can mean you went by what the pet store/breeder/shelter told you or by what friends or family members told you, etc.

So I'll go first! (Just go as far back as you can remember or as you want...)

1st pet(s) (I think): A 10 gallon tank that held one goldfish and a few smaller fish in it. We had this tank for a long time and continued to add new fish in it when old ones had died. No research.

2nd pet: I believe my second (either second or third) pet was a dog (a Miniature Schnauzer). She is still with us today! Research done before and after.

3rd pet(s): Either 5 or 10 gallon tank that housed probably 5 medium and small sized hermit crabs. Given to us as a gift; bought at the mall. No research. (Let the record show that this was long before I--or my family--knew anything about the care of hermit crabs.)

4th pet: Another dog. She's also still living with us. Research before and after.

5th pet: a medium-sized hermit crab. He was kept in a small critter keeper with little sand and not much humidity. Read up on hermit crabs and bought a 10 gallon tank for him that included gauges for temperature and humidity, a bowl for saltwater and a bowl for freshwater, deep substrate, extra non-painted shells, etc. Research after only.

6th and 7th pets: yet another medium-sized hermit crab and a small hermit crab. Research before and after.

I now have a 20 gallon long with two of those same crabs in it. One of which has been with me for almost 2 years. Sadly, the little one didn't make it. Now that I only have 2, they'll be moved back to a 10 gallon while a new pet takes the 20....

8th pet: a dwarf hamster! I'll be getting it in a few weeks! Lots of research before.

I'd love to see a list of your past and/or current pets!
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote