View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 04:46 AM  
Munchalot
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: I think something is wrong

The poor thing. I hope she feels better soon.
As Souffle said, she may well have eaten something she shouldn't, so I would take her to the vets to be on the safe side.

In the meantime, I would put her cage in a dim, quiet room to allow her calm down, because it's very likely that she has had a fright - she sounds quite traumatized. Make sure nobody disturbs the room, other that yourself when checking on her. Make sure she has plenty of water, and if she is dehydrated try offering her some moist, energising food, such as a dog biscuit soaked in warm water. Some hams will readily eat a high quality dog biscuit, and it's always worked for me when I've had a ham needing a boost.
On the floor, and certainly in the basement, she may have caught a chill. Try and warm her up a bit by filling a hot water bottle/old water bottle with warm water and put it on the outside of her cage near her nest. Hams overheat quickly though, so make sure it is not too hot. If necessary, wrap the bottle in a towel or blanket so the side of the cage does not heat up too much and hurt her. I would also keep the lights off, because bright lights and activity often stresses them.

I really hope her condition improves. Good luck. :3