View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 03:36 PM  
_nod
Senior Hamster

Default Re: 4 Brother roborovski's Chances of fighting?

I only have experience with a single pair of female Robos, so there's plenty of people here with more experience than me.

When I got my pair they were in a mini duna too, but I felt this was to small for them, so build a large (45cm x 147cm) Perspex tank Shortly after transferring them they started burrowing and building separate nests. Then shortly after this they started squabbling. It seemed as tho, given the extra unfamiliar space, they felt like there was room to start a home of their own, which naturally they became territorial of.

I had to separate them at the time, but was able to successfully reintroduce them onto the larger tank, this time I did it gradually. I partitioned off half of the tank with a relatively thin layer of bedding and slowly moved the partition back every few days. Once the partition was removed completely, I then slowly added more bedding but tried to keep one area specifically for their nest.

I too scatter food now and have tried two flying saucers, but they always seem to insist on using the same one anyway!
_nod is offline   Reply With Quote