View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:50 PM  
navat
Newborn Pup

Default 4 Brother roborovski's Chances of fighting?

Hello

I've only ever kept Syrian's and Russian hamsters (two girls happily kept together) before but my friend introduced me to her accidental brood and I fell in love!!

I have 4 boys, they are around 10 weeks old and are siblings!

I have read lots of contradicting advice on the internet about them going to start fighting at sexual maturity, but wanted your views

they have 3 beds, 1 wheel, 1 food bowl big enough for all of them to sit in (ATM) and one water bottle plus a few toys.... they used to separate two in each bed but have put in a cereal box and now they all sleep together.

so far no problems one does have a small nick on his nose though but I haven't seen him being picked on and it isn't infected. (he had this when I got him)

so questions...

whens sexual maturity

signs of fighting I should look out for

and what are their chances of being happy together, or should I separate them into 2's now?

also I read if fighting does happen you can mark the hamsters with a washable non toxic felt tip (different colour or symbol) so that you can see which ones cause problems as they all look a like... views on this? not to sure I like the idea but I can see it maybe being handy if it does start to happen so I can choose who to separate...

thank you

Willow xxx
navat is offline   Reply With Quote