View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 04:29 AM  
SnuggleHam
Former Admin

Default Re: Community improvements? Membership? A discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Day
for the most part no pproblem and a great idea

however i do have concerns about thread hijack as somtimes threads move from a certain aspect of an issue to the whole issue in general if you get a warning for that that seems ott to me. or what about a questoin which is slightly related adressed to the thread creator ?
Changing the thread on someone and taking it in another direction is simply rude. I think people need to be more mindful of that. If you have another question that is unrelated to the topic at hand, start a new topic or PM someone and ask. There is plenty of space to make new threads. This way its easier for other people to find as they browse the forum. They can see each topic that interests them and click on it, rather then having to use search to find information and skim though pages until they get to the part they want.

I feel this problem is a common issue that often leads to problem discussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Day
secondly the slander of other buiness and ebsites thing does this include heavy critismm? as just sometmes a buiness deserves a poor reputation for poor service/pratices in my opinoin
Perhaps this is true, but this rule is mainly to cover my butt. I don't want HC recognized as the forum that slanders businesses, and I don't need any legal issue either.

HC members asked for more rules and a strict ruling hand. I thought of everything that tends to bring that friendly HC atmosphere down and wrote up a way to manage it and deal with it.
SnuggleHam is offline   Reply With Quote