View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 AM  
Katie138
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Hamsters ignoring us since new pet

Hi All,

I have two hybrid dwarf hamsters, Diego and Harry. My partner and I have worked very hard with them and they are incredibly tame, they usually run over to us when we walk in the room and jump on our hands and happily play and steal sunflower seeds off us like they're hoover's.

On Friday we bought a new family pet, a little pug puppy called Trevor. Since getting Trevor the hamsters have both completely ignored both of us, refuse to take sunflower seeds and don't want to come out to play at all, it's as if they are both protesting. The hamsters are in separate cages but their behaviour mimic each others.

We have both ensured to do our best to pay as much attention as possible to the hamsters since having Trevor as we did not want them to feel left out, and now we are both quite upset that neither of the hamsters want anything to do with us!

It isn't that they have heard the dog as we deliberately chose a pug as they rarely bark and I can't say we have heard him bark once since getting him.

Has anyone seen this before? Or have any suggestions in order to get them back on track?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Katie.

Last edited by Katie138; 04-23-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Katie138 is offline   Reply With Quote