Thread: Rummage Sales!
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 02:23 PM  
LokiWolf
Senior Hamster

Default Rummage Sales!

Who else likes rummage sales? I love them as I can find hamster stuff there or things that can be used for the hamsters for very cheap prices. And if there's a book section, you can get a lot of books without breaking your wallet.

Near us there is this huge rummage sale in a town called Far Hills that is twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. We've gone about 4 times in the last few years and I always come home happy (expect for that one time we had to cut it short because my sister wanted us to pick her up early) with my finds. There's always some hamster related items there in the pet section and a gigantic book section (over 40,000 books!). In the book section you can find some interesting and hard to find books, the first time we went I found Alpaca breeding and showing booklets (I didn't pick these up, but I wish I did as one of my sisters is adopted from Peru and it could have been a fun gift to give) and the last time we went I found a Hamsterlopaedia (I already gotten my copy from Amazon a few months earlier for about $14, but who can pass this book up for 50 cents! I now have two copies)! This rummage sale is one of those 'if you are looking for something, you most likely will find it here' ones.

The spring sale is in the beginning of May and I can't wait! I've been waiting for the next sale since we came home from last year's fall sale. I wonder what we will find this year...

So, what are you guys' experiences with rummage sales? What have been big scores you bought from one?