View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 02:04 PM  
nooboo
Hamster Overlord

Send a message via MSN to nooboo
Default Re: Community improvements? Membership? A discussion

to some extent you have to take the bad with the good...

are you actually saying you would want to screen out those with difficulties and so stop them from the opportunity to learn simply to make life easier for others?

if the screening process is too difficult people wont bother, i hate to pick on people but carrington i asked to join here, she very nearly didnt bother due to the wait for the code business....so we put off experienced well balanced people already!as said by limiting to those who are asked we loose a lot of potential members, people find these forums and wander onto them post a few messages, hey its how i started off in the hamster world, with a few mistakes true, but i have lived learnt, and had excellent guidance from those the forums and then showing put me in regular contact with.

there will always be conflicts, even with something like hamster care, we are all individuals with different views on things, and yes some people express themselves in a less' accepted' form than others, but how can they learn without this? how can ideas be put forward? some on here like using water bowls for hamsters, personally i feel they are dangerous, but i wouldnt say to someone who uses them they are dangerous and they are harming their animal, as i would think that i they had had issues they wouldnt have kept using them, so though i woulrdnt want to use them...i wonder if i am more harsh on them than i should be.

any one can say things in a way which upsets people (that last bit may have already upset someone, in which case i am really sorry) no one usually means to, but when people feel strongly strong emotions come out.

it would also mean the forum would be against those with disabilities, more mental ones but just as valid. someone very close to me has aspergers, and so can come across badly on things, i would hate to think due to this you would deny him the right to post here?
nooboo is offline   Reply With Quote