View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:45 PM  
njwilde
Hamster Pup

Default Re: My mouse Joan is pregnant :-( please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefeet View Post
If the mother mouse has been made pregnant by one of her sons then bear in mind that if he was old enough to get her pregnant he may also have mated with his sisters, so you could well have 3 pregnant mice.
As long as you remove the boys when they are 4 weeks old the cycle will end.
yes, I am wondering/fearing about that as Sandy seems to have grown a lot this week too. Cherry is definitely fine as she is still very small and skinny ( and a feisty little thing) So worst case scenario would be two litters but at least it would be around the same time.

Aww, as for the rehoming with you guys that would be so lovely, thanks for asking, I d obviously rather give them to some friends/charity homes etc but before I got the three girls I often had a look around this area for rehoming mice and there was nothing. If there was some kind of way to get them down to Stoke or Cambridge it would be great I ;ll ask around though if other people or homes nearer (and also here on the forum)are interested and then let you guys know how many I have left that need a home. Your offer is much appreciated *hugs*

I am still hoping for a small litter but Joan looks so massive I am having my doubts.

I keep you posted about the actual birth giving, which should happen very soon.
njwilde is offline   Reply With Quote