View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 03:21 AM  
aaronjb
Newborn Pup

Default J.F's new Alexander has arrived.. thoughts on this layout?

So while I get around to building J.F. a proper vivarium style cage I really wanted to buy him a bigger cage than the one we got from P@H (which, as you can imagine, is tiny) - especially as he's starting to seem a little bored and nibble at his bars..

So I ordered an Alexander from Zooplus along with a few (ok, far too many!) things to go in it..

I'm a little worried about the drop from the top shelf to the floor with the layout attached - although there'll be a good few inches of substrate & bedding below it and we've blocked most of it off with one of his three houses..

In his cage right now are:
A chinchilla bath w/ sand
A hamster toilet
A 12" natural wood wheel
A huge house/burrow maze
A half log
A cork full log
A hamster bridge to one exit hole
Two log bridges
One small house that came with the Alexander
One larger house that came with the Alexander

I think we'll probably never see him now! Especially as I may have dropped him earlier today when he was in my hands and attempted to escape - right now he is clearly annoyed with me for persuading him into his ball from the floor (I had to go to work, unfortunately, or I'd have let him explore) as he's attacking me if I go near

I went searching for Plastikote paint today - Halfords used to sell it but apparently now all they sell is Hammerite and their own paints (For the Americans here, think Pep Boys or Autozone) - shame B&Q is miles away!

I think I have some PVA somewhere I can water down, but does anyone have any thoughts on using sticky backed lining paper (the kind you can do shelves with) rather than paint on the shelving & platforms? I have a load of that left from building the airing cupboard storage..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1-1.jpg (94.7 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2-1.jpg (101.2 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3-1.jpg (97.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4-1.jpg (90.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg photo 5.jpg (80.1 KB, 32 views)
aaronjb is offline   Reply With Quote