View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 AM  
shiny
bad case of Hamsteritis

Default Re: My Hamster died and I still have no idea :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyeleanor View Post
And not all cats are natural born hunters, my cat hunts the rubber bands which the postman drops while hes doing his round.
I love this lucyeleanor - my cat Billy does this too . However, he also eats a very good diet of Royal Canin and catches rats. He is the only cat I have ever had over the years who catches rats, normally we find they just catch the odd bird or teeny shrew. Billy catches big brown rats, mice, birds & anything else he can find. He eats most of it too. He is a nightmare & has to be wormed once a month because of it. Inside the house he is the lovliest, kindest, most people-loving cat ever but outside he is a major killing machine. Needless to say, our cats are not allowed in the same room as our hammies or guineas!

Yuel0022 - I agree with everybody else here, please don't get any more pets where you are. A cat that catches rats is very unusual (in all my years I have only had one!) & you are likely to have poison down from neighbours if there are rats around so that could make a cat very ill.

Please don't get guineas or any more hamsters while you are in this difficult situation. Guineas would be just as likely to be harmed by rats as hamsters. Look forward to the day you have moved house & can offer a really great home to pets while being sure there are no rats etc around.

I am sorry to hear about all the sad times you have been having with your hamsters.

Best wishes for the future, shiny
shiny is offline   Reply With Quote