View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:05 PM  
kittyp
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Flick's Wonderful Viv, all thanks to you lot!

Yep,you would be right and this is being dealt with at the moment. The first night we put her in her playpen she spotted some cotton wool and went mad dragging it through the bars but I wouldn't let her have it for obviously safety reasons. We had noticed that she wasn't nesting very happily since we got her but I though it was just stress from moving and so thought nothing of it. Them we made the connection that she must have had fluffy bedding at some point in her life so we gave in and got her some 'pet safe' cotton wool bedding and she settled much better and what we are doing now is giving her strips of paper that she can shred smaller and she adds them to her fluff and then we confiscate some of her fluff. We are down to a 3:1 ratio of paper to fluff and Flick hasn't really noticed yet so we are just working towards the no fluff at all nest which I suspect will happen in the next week or two. We used to use Neestex j cloth stuff with our old hamster but I haven't really heard of it being used nowadays. And yes, flick loves digging but prefers to make our own cage layout and so has made herself her own little digging area. We think she may be allergic to wood chips though so I fear another bedding battle may be coming our way! x
kittyp is offline   Reply With Quote