View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 09:13 AM  
Tammy22
Retired Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to Tammy22 Send a message via AIM to Tammy22 Send a message via MSN to Tammy22 Send a message via Yahoo to Tammy22 Send a message via Skype™ to Tammy22

Hi Naomi,

i really dont think it is my place to tell anyone to breed or not - i think it is a very personal descision, but, be warned, it is very addictive!

I think that if you decide to breed you just need to be prepared and make sure you think ahead.

This year is the first time i have had so many litters together and, with my accidental litter also, i have found it quite a strain to be honest!

I have had to use quite a few of my emergency cages - cages which i wouldnt normaly use, as i still have 7.5 week old Syrians which do not have homes to go, plus new Robo litters too!

I have had homes fall though, and it really is a pain - fun too, as you get to spend more time with the babies, but it puts you out a little - which i why you must be prepared.

Luckily, i have long waiting list for my Roborovskis, so they always have homes to go to - i think i will make sure i have homes for any future Syrian babies before i breed them - i have found this experience to be quite strange - not having homes for babies to go to

Also, i have found that my supplies (food, bedding, shavings, etc.) have gone down much quicker this month (and last), which i didnt really count on - not that it is a problem, but i just didnt prepae for it - so make sure you are really prepared.

Breeding is very fun, but also very stessful - it also a very big responsibility, so just think and research everything you can before starting - if you do decide to breed.

Hope i have been helpful.

Kind Regards,

Tammy x