View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 07:38 AM  
NaomiR
Hamster Overlord

Default To breed or not to breed......

Please don't all jump on me I'm only THINKING about this, I wanted to get some feedback before I do more than just think

Firstly I would never dream of breeding my rescue hamsters, ANY of them, and I don't think I would breed the dwarfs either but quite a number of my friends have been asking when I'm going to have syrian babies they can have.

The pet shop (small family run one in town) near me where I used to work have also said they would love to have some home bred hamsters. They buy from a breeding centre right now but they don't like "supporting" it but don't have any "regular" breeders.

Anyway so I'm thinking, should I breed a litter or 2 to see how I get on? I have a few spare cages, quite a lot of people wanting little ones, I LOVE babies (baby anything's but especially cute furry ones) and I'm registered with my vet who is 2 minutes away.

They know me VERY well with all my guinea pigs and cats already

I don't really want to breed to show quality or standard because I failed miserably at trying to do that with the guinea pigs - but it might be something I want to do in the future.

Anyway I just thought I would ask what people think? And again please don't all jump on me I am a very responsible person who wouldn't do anything stupid or irresponsible, at least not with animals!

Thankies x
NaomiR is offline   Reply With Quote