View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:51 PM  
Minnie
Hamster Pup

Default Re: One eyed Russian rescue hamster - please help!

Hi

Thanks for all your comments help and advice. She is still alive this evening (I'm taking every day as it comes) and took your advice about using a towel.
I must have looked ridiculous sat in the bath with her to make sure she didn't escape. Anyway, she found the little facecloth fun to play with so when she was crawling on it I was able to scoop her up and into my hand. Still quite stressful (for both of us!) and just the one squeak but we're getting there.

I've moved her into a one level larger cage now and put down plenty of soft bedding for her which is supposed to be dust free. She's sleeping now or at least that's what I'm hoping as she's very still!

I've gone and bought the supahamster meal for dwarf hamsters as I hadn't read the posts. Will she still get all the required nutrients from this even though it may seem boring to us?

Also, do Russian hamsters make their own beds because this one doesn't. She's in a very simple cage at the moment because with very little to play on/with as I don't want her to knock herself on anything. I want to make sure she is warm enough and have given her plenty of bedding but she doesn't do anything with it.