View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 05:32 PM  
LokiWolf
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Just had to separate Matrim

Okay, I just had Matrim out. He's doing so good at being handled these past few days, though you still have to catch him when he's in the bin cage as he won't come to your hand. When he is out, he is lovely. He's still reacting when he sees/smells his brothers when I bring him over to their bin cage, wanting to get into their bin cage to be with them.

Today I decided to show him the girls through the glass of their tank and he tried digging at the glass to get in. I don't think his determination to meet the girls were because they were girls, I think he just wanted to meet them because they were other Robos. The girls didn't seem to notice him through the glass, that or they didn't care; most likely they didn't care. Nothing seems to faze these girls.

He's almost healed, tomorrow I'm going to set up the playpens and put Rand, Marry, and Pippin in one and Matrim in the other. Depending on how that goes, I may decide to split cage them or if it goes badly, I'll have to think of something else. If I was certain the girls wouldn't get pregnant, I'd think about putting him in with them as the girls are so much calmer than Marry, Pippin, and Rand and the girls have more of the same temperament as Matrim. But the girls are old and if they get pregnant, I'm worried they may not survive.