View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 04:15 PM  
Sammybingo
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Feeding schedules

Fur-nando gets a palmful or two of food sprinkled in most nights - a mix of Bearphar Care Plus and P@H Premium Museli, usually after playtime. I sprinkle it all about to keep him busy foraging. Once a week he gets a few dried leaves and apple twigs popped in, which he can't be bothered with. Most nights he gets something fresh - salad leaves, herbs, blueberries, etc, during playtime. He just eats as much as he fancies, and scurries off. He is a terrific selective eater. I go for a few days trying not to feed him to encourage him to try parts of his foods he leaves (easily 50% of it ) but he would rather go without, so I've given up and just let him be a spoilt prima donna. He gets things like monkey nuts in shells, walnuts in shells etc every other day or so, and 'big treats' like the dangly nut bars / carrot filled logs every few weeks, or when I feel guilty about going to bed early / shorter playtime haha. He doesn't tend to bother with them too much though.
Every two weeks he gets a specific dog biscuit (t/dŽ Canine Dental Health Small Bites - Dry) that the vet said I need to give him every fortnight. I only have a couple left, but have realised the ingredients are utter poo, so I'm after tips on dog biscuits with quality ingredients and high protein.
I am also after some not-bitter yeast to try and help him with his thinning coat.

Last edited by Sammybingo; 10-26-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Said a bad word!
Sammybingo is offline   Reply With Quote