View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:55 AM  
elly
Newborn Pup

Question New hamster taming / jumping off bed

I have noticed a lot of people can 'snuggle' with their hams, and act as if they actually want to and enjoyed being picked up and handled. I have had Maria for two weeks, and she has never bitten me, comes to my hand to sniff me, and will lick/eat food off of my hands but tries to scurry away when i try to pick her up, and squirms. She tolerates it, but I can tell she does not enjoy it. She even urinated on me once, which might be my own fault since I didnt give her a chance to pee before i picked her up, but how have other people tamed their hamsters to the point of them actually enjoying interaction?

Also, I had Maria out on my bed lastnight, and she seemed to do rather good, just slowly poked around under pillows and stuffed animals and blankets, and everytime she got anywhere close to the edges id block her, but i kept her at a good distance. Has anyone had any of their hams jump off the bed or any other height? My other hamster would run as fast as he could to get away and attempt to jump off the bed, and Maria is more cautious, but I am still worried to have her play about my bed without my hand right next to her at all times.
elly is offline   Reply With Quote