View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 10:47 AM  
obscura
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Captivating Campbell's (Sam's Hams Official Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammieandMerlin View Post
I looooooooove your opals, they are so so beautiful! Your photos are all stunning, you should be very proud
Thanks! Only Zuko is opal. I am definitely proud of these hams. I speak very highly of the breeder who produced them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
Wow Falken and Zuko are absolutely gorgeous!! all of your hams are but they have definitely caught my eye!!! <3 Very nice hamily you have I wants me some dwarfs now!
I have a few technical questions: 1. what camera do you use? 2. what lens do you use? 3. do you photograph using Time value?
Haha, thanks, I don't think there's a soul out there who doesn't like Falken! Zuko has an AWESOME disposition. He's really fantastic.

To answer your questions, I use a Nikon D90 with a 200mm Nikkor zoom lens, and no I do not use time value - I either use Automatic or Manual settings. I rarely use the "in between" settings like the shutter priority (time value). If I'm going to make personal adjustments, I go fully manual and adjust the settings accordingly... I'd like to get a lens better suited for this type of photography. The lens I'm using now is really not good for it, but I make due with what I have.