View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:23 AM  
happyham
Newborn Pup

Smile Alexander Cage - recommended and review

I chose the Alexander cage for my very active young Syrian longhair,Humphrey(call him Hum or Mouse!) and it's made him so happy.I read the housing forums here before I got it,and to anyone choosing a cage,do consider it as it's so spacious and versatile,and beautifully made,with max space for running,playing and exercising.
It easily fits a big wheel,and Hum loves using his Wonderland Bogie Wheel 20cm diameter,which is another thing I can hugely recommend,it's ideal for a Syrian longhair,20cm is an ideal size and the wood is very smooth for his feet,and it spins very quietly.Hum wouldn't use a wheel before this one.
I got Hum free from a student who had him 6 months in a small basic Savic cage approx 37x54cm with just one small balcony.He was very bored and never used the too small wheel (6cm diam)and did lots of bar chewing and searching for ways out.
When I got the Alexander,approx 97x48cm,with its many safe upper levels,nice wide ramp with non-slip treads,and 3 amazing houses to sleep or play in,he was so content.It was such a big cage I fitted his old Savic base in,as it had a good water-holder and a house area,which he now actually has designated as his loo! Having the familiar old cage base helped him settle in to the new cage well as it must have smelled nice to him.
The security of the Alexander is excellent.The cage has one large top door and 2 side doors.I normally use the top door.
As a relatively inexperienced owner I know I was very grateful to read reviews of cages,to help me find the best,and I can say that from the hamster welfare point of view this is one of the best.It isn't a shiny exciting-looking cage but it's a quality cage with masses of freedom and happiness for your hamster.I think if Hum could decide,he'd choose the Alexander himself!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0460.jpg (94.8 KB, 344 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0461.jpg (97.1 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0462.jpg (94.8 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0463.jpg (102.4 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0464.jpg (89.3 KB, 193 views)
happyham is offline   Reply With Quote