View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 04:36 AM  
babyboos
Retired Moderators

Send a message via MSN to babyboos Send a message via Yahoo to babyboos

Emma I would go for it for the rats and hamsters, you and they will love it. It is so economical and the only addition you need is with longhaired hamsters I add some wooden pelleted cat litter too. For those hamsters that like to dig and tunnel such as the Roborovski I do add some spruce shavings to the Megazorb and cat litter mix, but then I get huge bales from the sawmill near my parents, if I was buying the little bags you see in the stores I probably wouldn't bother.

For 18kg £5 is very good and it will last you a good while so you don't have to drive back and forth every fortnight or so for more shavings. It would cost me £4.50 including VAT if I bought a pallet or £4.95 plus VAT singly (a pallet holds 30 bales so I will be sticking to single bags.)

It fluffs up really well and is low dust and high absorbency bedding. I have said many times to the company whom manufacture it to make smaller bags for the small animal market, and I hope they will shortly implement this suggestion, as they are quite tickled at the idea of our furry friends using it.

If anyone in UK wants to know where their nearest stockist of Megazorb is check out Northern Crop Driers. Also a number of hamster shows now have Megazorb available at the sales table. I wasn't planning on bringing any to the Edinburgh Hamster Society show but if anyone is interested in trialling some it can be arranged for a nominal fee.
babyboos is offline   Reply With Quote