Thread: Kiwi's thread
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:55 AM  
jesselle
hearts dwarf hams

Default Re: Kiwi's thread

Hey everyone, a little Kiwi update

So as I said, he came out last night despite us still being in the living room watching TV. He was exploring and running on his wheel I'm happy as I didn't think he'd emerge with so much noise! I'm also happy as I saw him step up on to the turned over Gu pud pot to reach is water bottle. Phew! I had Wonton and Emi out in the playpen in the living room and Kiwi was freaking THEM out with his running and scurrying noise. Made me giggle...

This morning - first thing I thought when I peered into his zz1 was 'what a mess!!!' His bedding is strewn all over the place. I think he's been very busy. I also saw his little nose peering out from his house door. I decided to offer him a pumpkin seed... just held it near his house door. He sniffed it, then retreated and repeated this 5 times! I left the seed by the door and a minute later he took it! Of course it's a little early for hand feeding, but I just wanted to start letting him know that I = food. He then came out! Which again, I am so so pleased with. I hope it means he is curious and maybe a teeny bit less worried about what might happen if he emerges from that house. He was exploring and he could hear me getting ready for work, he knew there was someone around. I dropped a few pieces of his food mix (sweetcorn!) in and he ate them. He is still petrified if my hand even looks as though it is about to enter the cage, but not so worried about me being nearby and talking. Might be the p@h conditions for past 3 months at work there (used to being watched but hating the occasional disturbances from potential owners).

Then I had to leave for work gutted... I could've sat watching him all morning. He's THAT cute. Photos I took this morn:

The mess and added tea towel for privacy whilst settling

Snacking on sweetcorn that rains from the sky!

I see you!

Tube that's helping him get from A to B safely

Coco 02/11/12
Sleep tight Wonton 12/08/11-18/11/12, Emilio 20/01/12-27/06/14, Kiwi 03/12/11-23/07/14 & Haku 14/01/13-16/01/15
jesselle is offline   Reply With Quote