View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:04 AM  
HarryLucy
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Where can I find homes?

Thanks everyone for the responses - really helpful to me

crazgal - yes, i will check that anyone who wants to buy a hamster definitely knows what theyre doing and the "return policy" is a good idea as long as they dont all bring the hamsters back because i dont think it would be very easy for us to keep ten hamsters!!! (two parents and 8 babies (ish) ) yeah, i think i might decide that if i can get a list of at least 12 interested parties then i will go ahead with it - because that leaves room in case people drop out. But the trouble is now where to find them! because it seems weird to advertise to strangers before i actually have the babies, so as long as i can find enough friends who are interested i guess...

purple - yeah, i read the sticky about 'think before you breed' and understand all of that, my friend knows a good breeder so that should be okay

fluffy - i do live in the uk but i dont really know anything about hamster shows so i couldnt really make any connections there... and i think if i cant find enough friends who are interested i might not do it at all... Im not breeding purely to provide pet homes, im breeding because i like having animals and the babies are really cute etc. yeah, so i guess if im really struggling the best thing to do would be start going to some shows...
HarryLucy is offline   Reply With Quote